Content marketing strategy
Content marketing is the process of creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action. Content marketing has been around since… well, let’s just say that it’s a little older than Social Media Marketing. The idea behind content marketing is simple: create quality content that your audience wants to read or watch, then distribute that content through multiple channels so people will find it.
Why is content marketing important?
Content marketing is important for a few reasons.
- It helps you reach your target audience. If you’re trying to sell laptops and you only write about the latest trends in fashion, your audience may not be interested in what you have to say. Content marketing lets you find out what kind of content is most relevant to your target market and create it accordingly.
- It builds trust with your readers/viewers/listeners (aka audience). When people engage with your content, they get a sense that they know you better than before—and the more trust they feel toward you, the more likely they are to buy from you or at least check out some of your other offerings first!
- Content marketing helps build brand awareness by spreading the word about who owns a site or blog through branded links across multiple platforms like social media platforms like Facebook where anyone can discover them without having access beforehand through prior knowledge via search engine optimization strategies such as Google AdWords advertising campaigns which can cost thousands per month depending on how much money one wants to spend?
How to create a content digital marketing strategy
Creating a content digital marketing strategy is all about setting goals and objectives. There are many things to consider when creating your strategy, including:
- Goals and objectives. What do you want to achieve with content? Are you trying to drive traffic back to your website, increase awareness of a specific product or service, or improve brand recognition? Your goals should align with the bigger picture goals of your organization and be SMART (specific measurable attainable relevant time-bound).
- Audience. Who is going to consume your content? Is it customers who have already purchased from you in the past? Prospects who may be interested in making inquiries about purchasing from you in the future? Do they have any particular interests that align with what types of topics might work best for them? This will help guide decisions around which channels should be utilized for distribution based on target demographics.
- For example, if someone is interested in learning more about travel photography then maybe Instagram would be an ideal place for them because there’s so much beautiful imagery there already!
- If someone wants tips on how they can start their own business then YouTube might be better suited since there’s already so much helpful information out there created by people just like yourself who started businesses themselves!
- You get my point – think critically about these things before jumping into planning It’ll pay off big time later down the line!
How to create great content
- Know your audience. Don’t just publish content for the sake of publishing it—instead, create content that’s relevant to your target audience. Your readers are people who have a problem or need to solve it and want to find the best solution possible. This is called creating a buyer persona, or a detailed profile of the kind of person who might buy from you (or recommend you). For example:
- How old are they? Where do they live? What kind of job do they have? How much money do they make? What are their hobbies and interests? The more detailed your buyer persona is, the better you can create content that speaks directly to them.
- What do they like to do in their spare time? Are they active or sedentary? What websites do they visit? Are there any podcasts or blogs that they listen to regularly? What magazines do they read? All of these things will help you create content that’s relevant and valuable to your audience.
- Do they have kids? If so, how many? What are their hobbies? Are they sports fans or avid readers? What type of music do they listen to? Do they like to travel? Where do they want to go on vacation this year? These are all questions that you should answer before creating content.
- What problems do they face right now in their lives? For example, if you’re a financial advisor, then you should know that your clients are worried about how to pay for their kids’ college tuition or how they can afford to buy their first home. If your business helps people with these problems, then you need to create content around those topics. Keep in mind that there are many different types of content that will help position your brand as an authority in your industry.
Content marketing can help you grow your business using words and images.
Content marketing can make your business grow by:
- Building your brand and increasing your audience. Building your brand and increasing your audience. Attracting new customers with your content. Helping you get found online by people searching for products or services related to yours. Driving traffic back to your website from social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Getting leads for your business through the sales funnel (via forms, calls-to-action).
- Generating leads. The key to content marketing is creating useful, entertaining and/or educational content that your audience will want to share. You can do this by creating blog posts, videos and infographics. When you create valuable content, people will share it with their friends on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. This helps you get in front of new audiences who might not have otherwise found you online.
- Increasing sales. Creating a unique identity that sets you apart from the competition.
- Increasing brand awareness. Increasing your credibility. Increasing traffic to your website. Improving search engine rankings. Content marketing is a great way for businesses of all sizes and industries to grow their audience and increase sales.
Content Marketing tools
- Content marketing tools for social media platforms: The tools in this section are designed to help you create and distribute content, and measure the impact of your efforts.-Social media scheduling tools: These tools let you schedule posts to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms. This is especially helpful if you want to share the same piece of content on multiple sites at different times or don’t have time to post regularly yourself.
- Content marketing tools for blogs -Content marketing tools for websites: These tools help you create, curate and optimize your content. Some of them also help you distribute it on social media platforms.
- Content marketing tools for e-mail -E-mail marketing tools: These tools help you create and send newsletters, manage subscriber lists and measure the impact of your campaigns. -Email automation tools: These tools let you create sequences of emails that automatically go out when a subscriber does something such as buy your product or visit a specific page on your site.
- Content marketing tools for video content marketing -Video marketing tools: These tools help you create, edit and distribute videos.-Video marketing platforms: These are cloud-based services that let you create, host and distribute your videos as well as measure their performance across various platforms such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Content marketing tools for images -Image marketing tools: These are tools that help you create and manage your visual content. -Stock photo services: These are online marketplaces where you can buy images for use in your content marketing campaigns. Content marketing tools for podcasts
- Content marketing tools for SEO -SEO tools: These are tools that help you optimize your content for search engines. -Content optimization services: These are online services that let you create and optimize the content for SEO purposes.
Creating great content is an important part of a strong content marketing strategy. You need to know how to create it, distribute it and measure its impact on your business. We hope this article has given you some ideas about how best to do that in your own organization.